Tata Nano CNG to arrive in financial year 2012-13
Last Updated at
- 03:14 pm, May 30, 2012
The CNG variant of the Nano first seen at 2012 Auto Expo will be launched in India latest by March 2013.
Tata Motors have officially confirmed that to bring the CNG variant of its Tata Nano in the current financial year 2012-13. The Tata Nano CNG was first showcased in the Indian market at New Delhi's Pragati Maidan where the 2012 Auto Expo was held. The CNG version will bless the petrol price stricken market, latest by March 2013.
Powering the CNG version will be the same 624cc, twin-cylinder engine, which will run on both petrol and CNG fuels. The fuel tank capacity will hold 15 litres of petrol and 35 litres of CNG. As a safety measure, Tata Motors has equipped the Nano CNG with a leak detection system that automatically cuts off CNG supply, in case a leak is detected.
The 2013 Tata Nano CNG is expected to be prices at Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 over the petrol Nano.
First Published on 03:14 pm, May 30, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month