Tata Nano to serve as a taxi in Jammu and Kashmir
Last Updated at
- 02:43 pm, January 22, 2013
The State Transport Department is looking to add the Nano in the commercial taxi segment.
If you want to take a taxi in Jammu and Kashmir, you will soon have an option to be ferried around in what is the cheapest car on sale today. The State Transport Department is considering adding Nano taxi cabs to its fleet after receiving a lot of requests to use the Tata Nano in the commercial taxi segment.
Mr. Mehraj Kakroo, the Transport Commissioner, says that the department has received proposals from private operators planning to use the Nano as a commercial vehicle to ferry passengers. The same tariff plan as the auto rickshaws will be implemented for the Nano taxi cabs.
However, before giving the green light to the applicants, the transport department have put forward certain fundamentals that the private operators are required to take note of. The department has made it clear that the applicants ought to have a well maintained office with provision for parking lots. Also, every Nano taxi should have a GPS system in case the car needs to be tracked.
First Published on 02:41 pm, January 22, 2013
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month