Toyota sells 12,756 vehicles in February; sales drop by 23%
Last Updated at
- 12:16 pm, March 04, 2013
With an increased excise duty on SUV and UVs, Toyota says the situation can go worse.
Toyota India (Toyota Kirloskar Motor) managed to sell 12,756 units last month, which when compared to the 16,659 units from February 2012, is a decline of 23%. TKM exported 1,233 cars from the Etios line-up to South Africa, hence bringing the total number of cars sold to 13,979.
On the drop in sales, Toyota's Deputy MD and COE (Marketing and Commercial) Mr Sandeep Singh said, "The market continues to remain sluggish and with the additional excise duty levied on SUV and UV, the market will be further impacted."
First Published on 12:16 pm, March 04, 2013
- Chevrolet Spark EV to go on sale in the US for $19,995
- Ford to shut down all production in Australia by 2016
- Spied: Next-generation Mini hatchback
- OnCars India Buzz: 23 May 2013
- Scoop: 2015 Mercedes S-Class Coupe spotted at the 'ring