Upcoming Ghost Coupe to be the fastest Rolls Royce ever
Last Updated at
- 03:32 pm, August 03, 2012
Sportier, two-door model will benefit from up rated engine and power-train to become one of the fastest GT cars around.
The ultimate luxury on wheels is about to get a whole lot faster now that Rolls Royce is busy testing a high performance Coupe based on their already-fast luxury sedan, the Ghost. Powered by a 530PS, 6.6-litre V12 engine, the Ghost is no slouch by any measure however Rolls Royce seems to think otherwise.
Which is why for the Ghost Coupe, the company is said to have up rated the power figure to about 610PS. The torque has also been increased by a significant amount. The updated engine is linked to a ZF eight-speed automatic gearbox which sends power to the rear wheels. Engine upgrades aside, the Coupe also features beefed-up suspension and brakes to take care of all the extra power. The chassis will also be lowered by about 10mm for a lower center of gravity, resulting in improved agility.
The Ghost Coupe will be officially unveiled at the 2013 Geneva Auto Show in March and will go on sale later in the year with prices ranging from Rs 1.8 crore to Rs 2.5 crore.
Image source: www.worldcarfans.com
First Published on 03:32 pm, August 03, 2012
- McLaren announces limited edition 12C Coupe and Spider
- Renault-Nissan likely to end badge engineering with Nissan's version of Duster
- Electronic Arts announces Need for Speed Rivals for November 2013
- OnCars India Buzz: 24 May 2013
- It's official: Ford EcoSport to launch next month