Video: Audi R8 bursts into flames in Mumbai
Last Updated at
- 02:56 pm, January 28, 2013
The unfortunate incident took place right at the end of the Bandra-Worli sealink.
A certain owner of one of our favorite supercars - the Audi R8, received an unpleasant surprise yesterday as he found himself in the midst of an R8 barbeque while driving towards the Worli-end of the Bandra-Worli sealink.
The unfortunate incident took place at the time of the 2013 Parx Super Car Rally that included a variety of supercars negotiating through the streets of South Mumbai. According to the reports, the R8 was not a part of the parade and that it went up in flames because of some aftermarket modifications carried out by the owner.
The R8 reportedly passed nearly all of the participants on the sea-link and burst into flames right at the end of 5.6 km long bridge. Both the driver and the passenger managed to escape unharmed however, the R8 was ruined beyond repair.
First Published on 01:26 pm, January 28, 2013
- Spied: Next-generation Mini hatchback
- OnCars India Buzz: 23 May 2013
- Scoop: 2015 Mercedes S-Class Coupe spotted at the 'ring
- Bajaj RE60 spotted; Given green light by government for commercial use
- Scoop: BMW's people carrier spied