Volkswagen launches special edition Polo SR
Last Updated at
- 05:16 pm, February 14, 2013
Available with a 1.2-litre petrol engine, the car comes with a 15" wheels and a sporty body kit.
Volkswagen has updated the Polo line-up with a new variant. Called the Polo SR, it's basically a sporty looking Polo with a 1.2-litre engine. Since VW has opted to fit 15" wheels in the car, expect the car to have a slightly better handling characteristics than the base 1.2-litre Polo.
The car is available for Rs 6.27 lakh, ex-showroom New Delhi. The extra features (over a standard Polo) include the Aero Sport package, chrome-tipped exhaust, chrome strip on boot lid and front grille, fog lamps, 15 inch alloy wheels, steering mounted controls, rake and reach adjustable steering wheel, 'RCD 320' music system, Air Conditioning with climate control, rear parking sensors, dual air-bags, ABS and a multi-function display.
Though the equipment list is good but a humble 1.2-litre engine, that produces 75PS of power in a chassis good enough to handle at least one and a half times the power seems a bit mismatched, but as a car that looks sporty but doesn't prove to be heavy on the pocket, the Polo SR makes a lot of sense.
First Published on 05:15 pm, February 14, 2013
- GM India announces price hike across its entire model lineup
- BMW launches Competition Package for new M5 and M6
- Microsoft and Turn10 Studios preview Forza Motorsport 5
- A couple and their 1966 Volkswagen Vanagon tours across India
- Exclusive Scoop: Volkswagen Polo GT TDI diesel caught on test