In just about an hour, General Motors India will roll out its brand new Chevrolet Sail U-VA hatchback in the Indian market at an event that is slated to get underway in Mumbai.
The Sail U-VA hatch is the first product from General Motors' Chinese partner SAIC, which has already been well received in markets around the word. So much so, that the Sail U-VA is said to be the most exported vehicle in China. With Sail U-VA, the American automaker is hoping to change its fortune in India. But it remains to be seen if this international bestseller has what to takes to wow the Indian customer.
Stay tuned on this page, as we bring you all the live updates and information of the soon-to-be-launched Sail U-VA hatch.
Meanwhile, you can watch the first drive review of the Sail U-VA here or take a look at the image gallery of the hatchback.
- And the 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA stands on the dias, guarded by pink satin wraps.
- The Sail U-VA hatch will be available in a total of seven variants. 4 petrol variants and 3 diesel variants.
- Petrol variants will be offered in Base, LS, LS ABS and LT ABS.
- Diesel variants will be offered in LS, LS ABS and LT ABS.
- The petrol variants are being powered by a 1.2-litre MPFI unit that is said to produce 88PS of max power and 113Nm of peak torque.
- The Diesel engine comes in the form of a derivative of the 1.3-Multijet mill which was co-developed by GM and Fiat.
- Both engines will come mated to a 5-Speed manual transmission.
- The ARAI certified mileage for the petrol variant is 18.2 kmpl and for the diesel variant is 22.10 kmpl.
- The diesel engine is said to be assembled at GM’s engine plant in Chakan, Maharashtra in order to save costs as compared to sourcing the mill from Fiat’s plant in Ranjangaon.
- The Chevrolet Sail U-VA will be offered in a total of seven colour options - Cavier Black, Misty Lake, Linen Beige, Sandrift Grey, Summit White, Super Red and Switchblade Silver.
- Sail U-VA to feature Bluetooth enabled music streaming and mobile handsfree.
- Your iPhone won't find any love in the Chevrolet Sail U-VA the USB port is not compatible with the iPhone 4 and up. Only BT streaming.
- Chevrolet Sail U-VA gets alloy wheels only on the top end petrol variants. Base models don't even get wheel covers!
- Front power-windows and power steering will come as standard on all the variants of the Chevrolet Sail U-VA.
- Chevrolet Sail UV-A hatchback will come with a warranty of 5 years or 1.5 lakh kilometers.
- The Sail U-VA offers a massive 1,100 litres of storage space with seats folded.
- And now we await for the pricing announcement of the 2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA.
- Here it goes...
2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA Base Petrol - Rs 4.44 lakh.
2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS Petrol - Rs 4.83 lakh.
2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS ABS Petrol - Rs 5.18 lakh.
2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LT ABS Petrol - Rs 5.57 lakh.
2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS Diesel - Rs 5.87 lakh.
2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LS ABS Diesel - Rs 6.19 lakh.
2012 Chevrolet Sail U-VA LT ABS Diesel - Rs 6.62 lakh.